MEET . . . ME!
Hi there! I’m Victoria Sprung; Owner and Lead Photographer here at Sprung Photo. Here’s a little more about me if you’re curious!
- A fierce and loyal friend.
- An optimist to the extreme.
- A virgo, with virgo rising. I have lists for everything you can imagine 🙂
Years in Business: over 10
Weddings Photographed: over 400
5 Star Yelp Reviews: over 80
Things I love:
- Cats, dogs, and all animals! I volunteer time and money to various animal welfare organizations, too. I’m one of the official photographers for Treehouse!
- I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 12, and a vegan for awhile now. Some of my favorite foods are: any sort of fried potato product, stuffed grape leaves, and chocolate covered espresso beans.
- I love to travel, and I try to get to Europe every year. Countries I’ve been to so far: England, Ireland, Scotland, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Romania, Portugal, Spain, Canada, and Mexico, Iceland. Next up: Norway! I also went on a cross-country tour of the USA in May of 2017, where I visited 26 states in less than 3 weeks!
- Reading (favorite Authors include Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and Douglas Adams), playing video games (I love adventure games like Fable, and the Legend of Zelda), going to the local Barcade, watching sci fi shows like Doctor Who, Star Trek, MST3K, X-Files, Red Dwarf, Orphan Black, Harry Potter, Battlestar Galactica, and watching movies like childhood favorites The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and The Never Ending Story. I also love karaoke, and just lounging around the house with my 3 cats.
Random things about me:
- I have listened to over 250 hours of the unabridged audio books for George RR Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series, which is the basis for the show “Game of Thrones”.
- I am super tall: 5’11”
- I used to work at Nintendo! I was a “Game Counselor”. Before internet walkthroughs, you would call Nintendo’s 900 number, and I was one of the people who would get you un-stuck in a game! My favorite from that era was Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
- My boy cat has his own Instagram, and gets more likes than I do on my own Instagram!
- I have 3 cats. The 2 black cats are brother and sister, and I have a gray cat as well. The black cats (Mr Mann and Professor Tiny) are rescues from Chicago Cat Rescue, and LeuLeu was found on the street by our friends.
- I used to hate my last name, but now I love it!
- I am always continuing my Photography education. One can never learn everything there is to know about Photography, and that’s part of why I love it! I especially like to study light.